- (Mandatory) Find 2 examples from the book of a student “abrecamino”. What way did they open? What chains did they break?
- Explain the similarities between this book and “Impulse to Love” or the similarities between the students’ journey and Bodeen’s.What is it about these students that Bodeen identifies with?
- Add to the vocabulario section with definitions of your own.Explain how the stories in this book are/are not examples of “Naïve”, “Primitive” or “Outsider” art.
- Why does Bodeen focus on women in Latino literature/culture? What is he trying to say/teach to these students and to the reader?
- How do the photographs contribute to this book? (This is a crappy question, please only answer it if you can make it interesting).
- Provide a footnote for one of the historical/literary figures in the Images of Women section.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Study Questions for Seeking Light